Caregiver's Guide to Cannabis Certificate
Comprehensive cannabis education and certification for the caregiver tasked with helping patients incorporate cannabis into their daily life.
Caregiver's Guide to Cannabis Certificate program is for the caregiver tasked with helping patients incorporate cannabis into their daily life.
Many people in care are curious to try cannabis, or they may have already discovered that cannabis helps manage some of their health issues. It is incumbent upon the caregiver to help their patients navigate the somewhat complex journey of discovery to learn the best product, potency, and intake method for each individual’s situation.
This Certification program includes the foundational knowledge in Discovery Cannabis and information specific to Caregivers and a mandatory quiz to ensure the learner has grasped the concepts necessary to help their patients safely and effectively incorporate cannabis into daily life.
A downloadable certificate of completion is available after successful completion of the course.
Here's what you'll get in Caregiver's Guide to Cannabis Certificate:
Guide to Cannabis for Caregivers
Certificate of Completion
Discovering Cannabis is for anyone seeking a solid understanding of cannabis and its basic medicinal uses. This foundational course consists of 11 video modules, 3 downloadable guides and an extensive FAQ section, all designed to both educate and entertain. We have laid them out in a logical step-by-step manner, taking you on a thorough exploration of the plant and how you can use it as part of your health care routine.
Here’s a look at what you will learn in each module:
Brief Look at the History of Cannabis
Cannabis has been around forever … literally! In this module we touch on the highlights of this rich history from antiquity to today. You will learn that:
- Cannabis has accompanied human exploration of the world for millennia, providing help in four areas of our life.
- During the 19th and early 20th centuries Canadian and American medical doctors regularly prescribed cannabis for various health conditions.
- Prior to prohibition medical textbooks included information about how to use cannabis as a medicine.
- The real reason for cannabis prohibition is not what they told you.
- A chemist’s research in the 1960s led to the discovery of an important physiological system.
10 Common Cannabis Myths
Now that you know a little about cannabis’ history, we’ll explore ten common myths about cannabis that were the center of prohibition propaganda for over 70 years.
- Is cannabis an addictive gateway drug or as dangerous as we were told?
- Does cannabis use lead to long-term health problems?
- Will cannabis use cause weight gain?
- Where is the research?
- Are cannabis users always walking around impaired?
Learn the answer to these questions and more in this fun and light-hearted lesson.
Getting to Know Your Endocannabinoid System
Within each of us is a biological system as important as our other vital organ systems. But you didn’t learn about the endocannabinoid system in school! In this fascinating module you will learn:
- When the endocannabinoid system was discovered.
- The three main components of the ECS.
- How the endocannabinoid system works.
- Why this system is vital to our health and well being.
- The difference between CB1 and CB2.
Benefits of Cannabis Medicine
Is cannabis really a viable medicine or just an excuse for people to get high? By the end of this video you will definitely understand that cannabis is absolutely a viable medicine!
By the time you are finished watching the Benefits of Cannabis Medicine you will have a good understanding how cannabis can help manage or treat 13 common medical conditions, including:
- Brain health
- Creative stimulant … and more!
Indica, Sativa, Hybrid?
- What these terms mean
- Why they mean something different than they did 40 years ago
- Why hybrids are most common today
- Where hemp fits in
- The mantra that helps you remember the difference between indica and sativa
THC vs CBD
Everyone is talking about THC and CBD but do you really understand the difference? In this module you will learn:
- about cannabinoids and what they are
- the major difference between THC and CBD
- which cannabinoid has the ability to cause impairment
- who may be susceptible to impairment
- what cannabinoid is best for daytime use
Introduction to Terpenes
Terpenes are the aromatic compounds found in the essential oil of plants. It’s the terpenes that are responsible for the distinctive smells of plants, including the distinctive smell of cannabis. The terpenes profile of various cannabis strains complement the actions of other components in cannabis. This module will introduce you to 9 of most common terpenes in cannabis and their basic physiological actions.
To gain benefits from cannabis it needs to be taken into the body. In this module you will explore:
- The three main categories of intake methods
- What intake method lasts longest in the body and which acts the quickest
- Why smoking cannabis is no longer recommended
- Vaporizing vs Vaping
- Using cannabis topically
Dosing Best Practices
There are a few best practices cannabis users should keep in mind. This short module lays them out in a logical sequence that you can follow along with.
How Safe is Cannabis Medicine
Cannabis is a very safe plant, however users should understand the few areas where caution is required. These include:
- The user’s age and current health
- Possible interaction with other prescription medications
- How the plant is grow
- Manufacturing methods
- Method of consumption
Following up on the safety module, this lesson on side effects goes a bit deeper into both undesirable side-effects and possible desired-effects of using THC. These include:
- Dizziness and disorientation
- Anxiety and paranoia
- Hunger, and more!
- Cannabis for Common Health Conditions: This downloadable e-booklet provides guidance on using cannabis to help manage 7 common health conditions, including pain management, sleeping disorders, mental health care, digestive disorders, neurological conditions, immunity, and menstrual issues.
- Cannabis Product Potency: Understanding the potency of cannabis products is often confusing, especially for novice users. CannU’s Cannabis Potency Chart PDF is an at-a-glance guide to both dry herb and cannabis oil product potency.
- Terpene Action Chart: This handy Terpene Action chart can be used for quick reference when choosing a product.
- General Cannabis FAQs
- Managing Side Effects FAQ
- CBD OIL FAQ
- THC OIL FAQ
Guide to Cannabis for Caregivers
Here’s a look at what you will learn in each module:
Accessing Medical Cannabis
When recreational cannabis became legal on Oct 17, 2018 the medical cannabis system in Canada remained largely unchanged.
Canada recognizes that cannabis use for medical purposes is a viable option for those looking for ways to manage and treat certain medical conditions.
There are certain steps a medical cannabis user must take to access cannabis for medical purposes. This module provides information on:
- Licensed Producers
- The cannabis ‘prescription’
- Growing cannabis for personal medicine
- THC restrictions
How to Choose Cannabis Products
Cannabis is unique in that it can be used as medication, a supplement, and a recreational product. This can make the task of choosing the perfect cannabis product overwhelming and confusing, especially for new users.
In this module we will explore:
- How to read a cannabis product label
- Cannabis product potencies
- Six considerations that will help narrow down product choice
Medical Cannabis use in a Healthcare Facility
Caregivers are being asked to provide safe and effective cannabis dosing and administration for their patients in hospitals and other healthcare facilities.
This module covers:
- Recap of cannabis authorization for medical use
- Best intake methods for use in a healthcare facility
- Cautions to note when dosing cannabis
The Future of Cannabis: Medical vs Recreational
The new Cannabis Act came into effect on Oct 17, 2018, however the medical cannabis system was left largely unchanged. This modules explores the major differences between the two systems of cannabis legalization in Canada.
- Choosing Cannabis Products Worksheet
- Dosing Journal
Cann U is an online learning platform and go-to cannabis resource hub for those with any level of experience or knowledge seeking ways to incorporate cannabis into their personal health care plan.
Created by Dr. Richa Love, a prominent cannabis physician, industry leader and speaker, CannU Educational Services exists to fill the large gap in cannabis education for medical and novice users.
Courses Included with Purchase
Original Price: $338
Frequently Asked Questions