Health Care Professional's Guide to Discovering Cannabis
Introduction to cannabis as a medicine.
Health Care Professionals Guide to Discovering Cannabis Course Description:
1. Brief Look at the History of Cannabis
- Cannabis has accompanied human exploration of the world for millennia, providing help in four areas of our life.
- During the 19th and early 20th centuries Canadian and American medical doctors regularly prescribed cannabis for various health conditions.
- Prior to prohibition medical textbooks included information about how to use cannabis as a medicine.
- The real reason for cannabis prohibition is not what they told you.
- A chemist’s research in the 1960s led to the discovery of an important physiological system.
2. Getting to Know Your Endocannabinoid System
- When the endocannabinoid system was discovered.
- The three main components of the ECS.
- How the endocannabinoid system works.
- Why this system is vital to our health and well being.
- The difference between CB1 and CB2.
3. Benefits of Cannabis Medicine
- Brain health
- and more
4. Strain Basics
- The terms Indica, Sativa and Hybrid
- Why they mean something different than they did 40 years ago
- Why hybrids are most common today
- Where hemp fits in
- The mantra that helps people remember the difference between indica and sativa
5. THC vs CBD
- What THC and CBD are
- The major difference between THC and CBD
- Which cannabinoid has the ability to cause impairment
- Who may be susceptible to impairment
- The cannabinoid best for daytime use
6. Introduction to Terpenes
7. Intake Methods
- The three main categories of intake methods
- Which intake method lasts longest in the body and which acts the quickest
- Why smoking cannabis is no longer recommended
- Vaporizing vs Vaping
- Using cannabis topically
8. Dosing Best Practices
There are a few best practices cannabis users should keep in mind. This short module lays them out in a logical sequence.
9. How Safe is Cannabis Medicine
- The user’s age and current health
- Possible interaction with other prescription medications
- How the plant is grown
- Manufacturing methods
- Method of consumption
10. Side Effects
- Dizziness and disorientation
- Anxiety and paranoia
- And more
Cannabis for Common Health Conditions PDF (Basic Dosing Guidelines)
This downloadable e-booklet provides guidance on using cannabis to help manage 7 common health conditions. These include:
- Pain management
- Sleeping Disorder
- Mental Health
- Digestive disorders
- Neurological conditions
- Menstrual issues
Final Exam and Certificate
This course concludes with a mandatory final exam. Upon successful completion of the exam a certificate of completion will be issued.
Cann U is an online learning platform and go-to cannabis resource hub for those with any level of experience or knowledge seeking ways to incorporate cannabis into their personal health care plan.
Created by Dr. Richa Love, a prominent cannabis physician, industry leader and speaker, CannU Educational Services exists to fill the large gap in cannabis education for medical and novice users.